The Castle Coach House
The Castle Coach House sleeps 4 people in a super king and a twin bedroom with 2 bathrooms. We can also provide a high chair, stair gate and cot on request (cot linen not provided & subject to availability) at no extra charge, but please confirm with us when booking. All rentals also include the provision of quality bed linen, duvets, towels, liquid soap, a hair drier and electricity. We also provide salt and pepper, washing powder, dishwasher powder, washing up liquid and all the basic cleaning items that you would require to get you started during your stay.
Scotsman journalist Fiona Reid, who stayed with us, wrote:
“Today these three Coach Houses – named The Castle, The Dukes and The Eden – have been reborn as self catering holiday accommodation, with a focus on contemporary style and the kind of high spec extras you’d expect from the boutique hotel market. Considering that St Andrews is almost two miles away, you’d be forgiven for expecting a more, shall we say, traditionally Scottish approach, but the Pickens have wisely eschewed such clichés in favour of modern lines – as seen in contemporary kitchens and bathrooms, with black granite worktops in the former and large profile tiling and power showers – and with all the extras you could hanker for, including flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations.”
If you feel lost without your computer there is free Wi-Fi internet access available.
A toy breed or small breed dog welcome by arrangement in the Castle Coach House only. As the Coach Houses are on a working farm the dog must be kept on a lead at all times except when in the property. There is an additional charge of £40 per week or £25 per short break. The dog must never be left unattended in the property.
Here are details of the accommodation offered in each of the Coach Houses:-
The Castle (sleeps 4)
The Dukes (sleeps 4)
The Eden (sleeps 4/5)
But first why not take a walk around one of the Coach Houses by using the arrows for navigation. Just roll your mouse over the image below and point to where you want to go. Enjoy.
The Castle(sleeps 4)
The Dukes(sleeps 4)
The Eden (sleeps 4/5)
The numbers in brackets show the bedroom capacity / maximum number allowed to occupy each property.
- All properties comprise a ground floor and first floor with a bedroom and bathroom on each floor. Full electric central heating. All bedrooms have top quality beds with the upper floor bedrooms having pocket sprung beds combined with memory foam for added luxury.
- Ground floor
- Bright entrance hall leading to a spacious living/dining area with vaulted ceiling
- The lounge has comfy leather sofas, Freeview TV, DVD and iPod docking station and stunning views over the fields and farm animals.
- French doors which open onto your own private terrace with table and chairs
- Modern,well equipped open plan kitchen with ceramic hob, fan assisted oven, microwave, dishwasher, clothes washer/dryer, fridge with small freezer box and granite worktops.
- Twin bedroom with large walk in wardrobe
- Modern bathroom with large walk in power shower.
- Spacious super king bedroom (which can be made up as 2 singles on request) Freeview TV with integrated DVD player
- Modern en suite bathroom with shower over the bath